Monday, March 9, 2009

Playtime's End

The morning of the tourney...

On this very fateful day, i finally finished my ongoing barrage of matches that have left me with shoulder and bicep pains, leg cramps, and also, insufficient rest. The UTP Tennis Closed have been a great exposure to me, and this is how it goes.

Day 1: i went to the tennis courts and had a few pix taken. My heart was beating so damn fast,and i know that i shouldn't be so. I was in group 3, and there are three people in each group. Only two are allowed to go to the next round. What happened,i went against a player that does not stroke as well as i do,but i lost to him 8-6 because i was in total fear that time! Shit... the second person i went against was Azwan, a very good player who registered much later than i do. I won,and i went to second round.

For doubles, i played with aminnol. We played against a foreigners team first and won easily,8-1.. Later on,we faced UTP's most consistent team,and it was a very2 good fight u know. MAtch was postponed as there was a bit of rain. We were trailing 4-5

Day 2. I was going to face the most powerful man in the circuit. His name was mR RAZOUL,and he was my previous English Teacher. He was very good,pawning all players who fought him in the first rounds. When the committe called him,he said he could not get up as he was very tired. He gave me free tickets to the semifinals! Both for doubles and singles. I was one lucky nut that day. he was good,and i was eager to go against him. Oh,for the continuation of yesterdays match,we played sleepily,and i lost 8-6,but it was a very good fight! HUHU

In the evenings are the semi finals. I went against the most consistent player in the UTP circuit. His name was Kecik,shorter than me,but ran like a cockroach for every ball hit by me. My mistakes would be on my inconsistency,and i lost 6-0,6-2,but i tell you,it was a very aggresive match.

For the doubles,we played against UTP's most powerful team. Yeah,hell...they serve real fast you cant see where the ball goes after hitting the ground. We played a tactical match. i was satisfied as i held on to my serve,but my partner could not,and we lost 6-2. Match was postponed again because of some rain.

3rd day: We continued our play,but to no avail as they are too powerful. Combined with my fear of getting hit by powerful balls, and also my partners inconsistent serve speed, we lost 6-2. on the same day would be the finals of the UTP closed,but i didnt watch it as i am super tired.

The best thing is, i got two certificates free! YEAH!
The Rainbow at the end of the match...it was a beautiful full loop

2 comments: