Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Me in UTP Scrabble Competition.

It was yesterday that the library made a scrabble competition. Some very good players got into it and i was not feeling lucky. It was chillingly cold inside the library and i can only shiver with both the cold and the fear of losing badly.

I got a team with three players. The rule is,who ever can reach the 5 highest points in those twenty plus plus who entered would be given certs and prizes. My opponents in this one, and only round is diana and Tamaraj. We started.

I started first with a 28 marks headstart. Tamaraj caught me by suprise, he was a hell good player. He scored 24. Diana,i was not sure. But each one of us would try to get the highest marks possible to compare with the other teams. I made a few challenges, and tamaraj lost to one of them.

Some other tables have four players,so it wasnt fair for them as we might score more. Luckily, the admin said that those playing as groups of three would have their marks taken and only given three quarters of it to be fair to others. I didnt mind.

Lastly, i won the game. It was not fair for tamaraj,but i invited him for another game. Imagine, in five turns we scored 140 plus2! Finally a friend told me, tamaraj was a state player. No wonder he played well. We are, i daresay, evenly matched. We stopped midway as he had to go somewhere. So i waited for the results. What surprised me, among all the very2 good players...

I got top 5! huhu, didnt though of it.

The results were announced. Hard to believe, i won 1st place. As i walked to the front stage for the prize, i realized, this was my first ever competition in UTP and also,my first win. Next year, i shall enter it again, to go against tamaraj, fakhri, bao, and zulifa(i think).


3 comments:

  1. yes you're still number 1
    the one and only
    cewah hahaha
    how i'd wish i can be a good player, but no chance
    my english sucks
    anyway congratz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe,thanx din. i didnt think i would win. They were very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. When is the next scrabble competition?

    ReplyDelete